Skip to content Skip to navigation


There is a lot to think about when you move into a new home. Here is important information regarding your new student accommodation.

Moving-in day - collect your keys

You can collect the keys to your new student housing from the first weekday of the month between 14:00 and 16:00 at Service Centre (Tunavägen 39 C, Lund). If the first of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday, the keys can be collected at the earliest on the next weekday. You can also collect the keys at a later date, during our opening hours. Skånetrafiken's bus lines number 6 and 7 have a stop near Sparta.

Move-in earlier

For moving in earlier to be possible, the following applies:

  • The current tenant is to have signed the consent for moving in earlier.
  • The caretaker is to have inspected the accommodation and deemed that it is ready for occupancy.
  • The current tenant is to have returned all keys and tags to the Service Centre.

Once all conditions are fulfilled, you will receive an email message from the Service Centre stating that you can move in earlier. Before you can collect the keys, you need to sign the consent for moving in earlier. Read more about moving in earlier on Your Pages.


We have inspected the student housing before you move in. The inspection report can be found on Your pages. We will send you a message when the inspection is finished. 

Your rent

On Your pages, you can find all information regarding your rentThe rent will be published online about 1 week before your move-in date. You won’t receive any paper rental form from us.

Authorisation for collecting keys

If you want to give someone else authorisation to pick up your keys/tags, this Authorisation for collecting keys (pdf) must be filled in and sent to Service Centre. The authorised person must have an approved photo ID with them when the keys/tags are collected.


In our student housing, up to 1 Gbit/s is included in the rent. You just put your network cable into the network socket (use the left or upper). Read more about broadband here.

Electricity -100% renewable 

Your rental contract states whether or not electricity is included in your rent. If it states “Electricity included”, you do not need to sign a separate electricity contract. The electricity that is included is fossil-free and renewable. If it states “Electricity not included”, you are to sign a separate electricity contract in good time before moving in. When you move in, there will be electricity in your student housing, whether you have signed an electricity contract or not. If you have not signed an electricity contract when your tenancy agreement starts, a designated electricity contract will be set up for you. The invoice will be sent from Kraftringen after about a month.

You are free to choose any electricity supplier in Sweden. To compare electricity companies, visit Our partner, Kraftringen, has a student offer with fossil-free electricity.

Bear in mind that electricity costs always consist of two parts: the price of the electricity you use and the electricity network charge, which covers the operation and maintenance of the electricity network. The electricity price is invoiced by the electricity supplier, whereas the electricity network charge is invoiced by Kraftringen, which manages the electricity network in Lund.

When signing your electricity contract, the electricity supplier may ask for the "Anläggnings-ID" (Installation ID). The "Anläggnings-ID" can be found on the utility invoice from Kraftringen. If you have recently moved in and have not yet received a utility invoice, you need to contact Kraftringen regarding the "Anläggnings-ID". If the electricity trading company asks for the "Områdes-ID" (Area ID), please provide LUN.


Here you can find all the information you need about laundry i.e. how to book, laundry booking instructions, and if laundry detergent is included or not. 

Sort waste - make an effort for the environment

In your housing area, you can sort everything (except hazardous waste). Here you'll find information and tips on waste sorting. On the housing area map, you can see where your waste station and bulky waste station are located.

Home insurance 

Remember to get your own home insurance, your parents’ is not valid. Home insurance is a kind of basic insurance package that can compensate for your things if they are stolen or damaged in a fire or water damage. In addition, home insurance includes travel protection, legal protection, cover protection, etc. Don't wait, contact an insurance company today. Many insurance companies offer student discounts.

Report your change of address

Everyone who changes address is obliged to notify the move to Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) to get the correct address in the Population register. A correct address is necessary when applying for a housing allowance.

Note that AF Bostäder does not have any name tags on the mailboxes, only the street number, and apartment number. If you have not made a correct change of address, your mail may not arrive.

It is important that you provide all your contacts, such as friends, family, and business, with your full address details including your apartment number.

Housing allowance

As a student, you may have the opportunity to receive a housing allowance. More information and the application can be found on Försäkringskassan's website

Moving truck loading and unloading

For better well-being and living environment, vehicle traffic is not permitted in our housing areas. When moving in, temporary active loading and unloading are permitted. You must not leave your vehicle unattended for more than 10 minutes. Never park on a fire escape route.

Parking space

Adjacent to our housing areas there are parking spaces. You can find more info about parking here.

Rent a storage

If your new apartment has no storage, we can offer many different storage solutions via a separate contract. The queue time for these varies according to their size and the time of the year. Our prices are amongst the lowest in Lund. You can find available storage on the website

Private installations

Machines in kitchens and bathrooms shall be connected using an earthed plug inserted in an earthed socket. If you acquire your own washing machine or dishwasher you may need a permanent connection to the cold water supply and this must be done by a qualified installer. Note that you are responsible for any leakages. Additional furnishings such as mirrored walls, fitted carpets, and machines are not normally included as standard. Such furnishings and equipment are not maintained or replaced by AF Bostäder. If you install or take over such equipment and the next tenant does not wish to take it over, you are responsible for removing such equipment and restoring the accommodation to its original condition.

Latest update May 2, 2024